Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Fantastic Life of Matt Kennedy: Kevin Smith's Fat Man on Batman 030 Videocast (Part 1)



A month and a half ago, Kevin Smith brought me in to appear on his Fatman on Batman podcast to talk about the Jerry Robinson original art pages I acquired that may be evidence–once and for all–that Jerry co-created the Joker in the same time frame that he co-created Robin. It was an epic two-and-a-half hour podcast that covered my personal history in pop culture in addition to this amazing, chance discovery.

Immediately after taping, Kevin asked if I wouldn't mind coming back for the video version of the podcast, which I did, and which I've linked here. On that same day, quite by chance, my friends Jon Schnepp and Holly Payne were recording a segment about the video release of their incredible documentary, The Death of Superman Lives. I got to sit in studio while they taped their episode and afterwards we recorded our episode. It was another great experience for which I am eternally grateful.  

Kevin Smith has been an amazing supporter, and I can personally attest that he is even more awesome in person than he is in film, video, and other media. He is just that cool. More than that, he is the real deal. I hope I'll be able to announce here soon that his pilot for Hollyweed (shot at La Luz de Jesus Gallery) has been picked up for series.

This is the first half of a two-part video cast, so when the second part drops, I'll be sure to post it here as well. Be sure to subscribe to Kevin Smith's YouTube channel (here) if you haven't already, and be sure to subscribe to Pod Sequentialism with Matt Kennedy via iTunes here.
Please watch, share, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment